Sunday, August 17, 2008

Aloha


Inspired after a recent wine tasting, I decided to start my research in preparation for a yet TBD beer tasting. Since my taste buds have the usual suspects memorized, Miller Lite, Corona, Becks, Heineken, Yuengling, to name a few, I decided to go home with an unfamiliar brew on my last shopping trip.

My conquest, Wailua Wheat Ale, by the Kona Brewing Co. I don't know what drew me to this 6 pack of new friends, perhaps it was the "Limited Release" urging me to move fast, or the promise of a brew with tropical passion fruits that forced my curiosity. Hard to say which marketing ploy I feel for, but I am always a sucker for anything with a % of alcohol content on a label.

I am was eager to try my new brew so I didn't even wait until noon, what the hell I have no paying job, it seems everyday is a weekend so why not. With the kids barking and the dogs needing thier diapers changed I can hardly keep up.

I am happy to report these 6 little friends with 12 ounces of pleasure is just what I needed. Living up to the label the Wailua Wheat Ale makes me want to shout Aloha! Great tasting beer and goes great with Cheerios.

No comments: