Tuesday, January 20, 2009

Disney Detox


We had a great time in Disney, but I have to say, 6 consecutive days of amusement parks isn't exactly a vacation. The wonderful Packard family drove all the way from Virgina Beach to meet us for some Disney magic. What can I say, hanging out with the Kilcoynes motivates people to drive 12 hours through the night with 2 small children. All in the name of memories.

A joint family vacation is highly recommended but just like dating, not everyone is a great match. May I suggest trying a few outings or long weekends before you make the plunge into a long term commitment of a week long vacation. I believe the Packards might be our vacation soul mates. We had so much fun together and I hope its not our last trip together.

This was the first time we stayed outside the Disney Resorts and I loved it! We had a 2 bedroom condo with a full kitchen. Sharon and I made frozen meals beforehand so every night dinner was ready to go with minimal effort. I am proud to say we only ate out once (for breakfast) ALL WEEK! Which probably kept us sane considering the alternative, dinning with 4 adults and 4 children.

No comments: