Tuesday, April 14, 2009

The Neverending Journey

Today was by far one of the worst travel days I have ever had. Our day started before dawn, my alarm was set for 5:30am but I was up well before this thanks for Ava and Vivian who did not sleep well last night and only seem to want mommy in the middle of the night. So I think I started the day with a total of 3 hours of sleep.

Originally our flight was scheduled to take off at 9:50am but as soon as I saw the rain and fog I knew this wasn't going to happen. It would after noon before we took off on what would be a white knuckle ride. I don't know how both Ava and Vivian slept through all the turbulence but I was so close to freaking out. I had a death grip on the arm rest as Bill laughed at me. I mean if something happens holding on will not help.

So after the rockiest ride EVER, I was relieved to see us finally approaching Fort Lauderdale, and then circle and circle over the ocean because of thunderstorms which cleared all the ground crews and delayed any take offs and landings, hence another delay.

I really wish my camera wasn't buried deep in my carry one because Bill and I are a real site while traveling. We have alot of baggage! Our set up goes a little like this: I have Viv in her Ergo carrier in front of me, I push Ava in her stroller (one handed) with her Princess suitcase and a backpack on the handles as I pull a full size suitcase behind me. Bill pulls up the rear with another backpack and 2 full suitcases. It's EXHAUSTING!

I'll spare you the slow luggage and the shuttle waiting for every passenger with an incoming flight and we where home. FINALLY

Once we where home we where greeting with 2 weeks of cat hair on every surface of our home, which we always expect, the cats get nuts without us. But this trip was special, one of our cats (Luna being the prime suspect) pooped and peed ALL OVER our bed. I was horrible. I never scrub something so hard in my life, and I don't think our bed will recover, but we need to sleep somewhere, wish me luck!

1 comment:

alysalynn said...

Sorry, Amy. If it makes you feel any better we accidentally locked our cat Daphne in our bedroom when we left. She was rescued on the third day, but we had much pee and poop to clean upon our return.