Friday, March 20, 2009

Two in One Dress




Another completed project and during a week of visitors, I have truly out done myself. This dress is another Ottobre Design creation from the 3/2008 issue. I made a few modifications such as omitting the under skirt, I mean 3 layers of fabric for a small dress seemed to scream overkill!

I have to admit that I had my doubts that I would like this dress once it was completed. The fabric is a little funky so I didn't know if I would still like it and I don't, I LOVE IT!! I really think its cuter than anything I see in the stores. I'm pretty sure God knew what he was doing by sending me 2 girls and giving me my sewing abilities.

Ava saw me making this dress and she asked me if it was for her and she was almost moved to tears when I told her it was for Vivian. Poor kid, after I FINALLY make myself something she is next. I have a long to do list (as always) for things I want to make and I am really trying to use fabric that I already have! A girl can never have enough yardage!

1 comment:

Alysa said...

Wow Amy... if I have a little girl one day I'm going to see if your collection is up for sale!